InkyPinky Funky!

by 19:18 0 comments
Hansika Sawhney, a mobile phone stylist from Hyderabad, tells us how a simple idea changed her life and helped her carve a business niche for herself


Hansika Sawhney
An idea can change your life. And if it’s something avant-garde, there’s nothing like it! Meet Hansika Sawhney, a 24-year-old Hyderabad-based entrepreneur who just proves how true that is with her business venture InkyPinky, an innovative and funky enterprise that has been garnering a dedicated fan base for some time now.

It all began in September 2012 when Hansika wanted to take up a job. The girl who has always been “keen to do things on my own”, decided to start off by herself and while she was considering what would be an ideal thing to do came one brilliant thought! “I love dressing up my phone, and why don’t I do it for others?” she thought.
“What an idea sirjee!” and hence began this wonderful journey…

What’s InkyPinky?

InkyPinky is all about making a style statement. But how? With your phone! Hansika capitalised on a really unique target audience that not many had even recognised. The BCom graduate from St. Francis College for Women, Hyderabad, designs mobile phone accessories and helps you give a personal touch to your phones. Says Hansika, “What I sell, you can’t find it anywhere in the market here. They are all unique because I make them myself and you get that personal touch which you desire.”

Hansika began with dust plugs for the audio jack (Rs 250 – Rs 500), a unique way to protect phones from dust that accumulates, yet make your phone look chic. They are available in various designs – bows, flowers, cartoon characters, crystals et al – and are an instant attraction. Then she started designing mobile phone covers (mostly iPhone covers. But she does make covers for other phones too on request, ranging Rs 700-1,200) for which she is getting several accolades. “It all depends. Sometimes I make exclusive pieces and other times I make a collection. But either way I ensure that my customers get the best quality products.”

Striking a chord

Belonging to a business family, the girl also knows how to measure the audience interests. “I ensure there is variety in my products. I even come up with seasonal collections. It’s summer now, and so there are lot of flowery patterns in my designs,” she explains.

Interestingly when Hansika began work, she hardly had any competitors. “Nobody was doing anything similar then. You do get accessories from mobile dealers. But they are monotonous and repetitive and so I decided to come up with unique patterns,” she further says.

Catering mostly to the female customers, the mobile phone accessories have a lovely touch of feminism to them. “I customise my designs to suit the needs of the buyers. I have special requests sometimes and I make them.”

Hansika's dust plugs
Customer Satisfaction

Hansika says the most important thing for her is customer satisfaction. “I personally understand the needs of my clients and ensure I am able to deliver what they want. In fact I have many clients who leave messages thanking me. It feels great,” she smiles.

With social media in tow

Hansika attributes her steady business to social media. Saying that she has mostly built a loyal set of customers through Facebook she adds, “It was through Facebook that I got to reach out to large number of people. I can interact with my followers and know what the response is.”
Also, InkyPinky has customers from all over India and Facebook is the medium of interaction for them. “I also take orders on Whatsapp,” she quips.
In fact, Hansika wants no stone left unturned and in a hunger “to do something new and unique”, will soon be launching a mobile phone application through which orders can be placed. “My entire clientele is people who own smartphones, and I felt having an application would be great.”

Single force

A young girl of 22 when she started off, Hansika didn’t take any help from anyone. Not even her parents. “My family is proud of me because I am here due to my own effort,” she smiles.


You can connect with her at www.facebook.com/InkyPinky.in or call 9885790915.

Pranita Jonnalagedda

Journalist and Cine Buff

I don't know why I always wanted to be a journalist. But today the title is fixed next to my name. I love writing about various things, especially movies - the world around which I revolve.

0 comments:

Post a Comment