Every actor is the product of the director: Venkat Rahul

by 07:32 0 comments
Venkat Rahul who was recently seen in the film ‘Billa Ranga’ with a performance that tickled the funny bone of audiences, proved his mettle in a different role compared to the one in his debut film, ‘Alias Janaki’. The actor spoke to us about his star cousins Chiranjeevi and Pawan Kalyan, his career plans, his marriage and a lot more. Excerpts:

In ‘Alias Janaki’ you were seen in a serious avatar and in ‘Billa Ranga’ we saw a funny side of you. Was it the fear of being stereotyped?
No. I always want to grab every opportunity that is within my limitations. If I believe in a script I will do it. As for ‘Billa Ranga’ I did it because it was a challenge for me. The character in ‘Alias Janaki’ is serious and that’s what I am like in real life. So I felt ‘Billa Ranga’ will be a test to my skills.

‘Alias Janaki’ didn’t fare well…
I believe every actor is the product of the director. No director would compromise in terms of what he requires. For the film I did my job and gave my 100 per cent. There was a lot of effort but it is unfortunate it didn’t click.

What are your upcoming movies?
Piravi is a Tamil film in which I will be seen as the antagonist. But the other interesting movie is ‘Relli Veedhi’. Though I can’t reveal much about the film there’s a small part I can tell. It is a biopic which is a sports based flick.

You are the cousin of stars Chiranjeevi and Pawan Kalyan. So that has possibly made an entry into the industry easy?
I have grown up watching Chiranjeevi’s films. That was the most important part of my childhood. But belonging to a star family is only a visiting card. It’s only hard work that will speak for you. There are many from the family already and everyone is here only because they have proved their mettle. The family tag can only help you to an extent.

What’s up on your personal front?


I will get married next year. My mother will select the girl for me. I don’t know if I have done anything that they wanted me to. But in this I want to make sure my parents are happy and have a say.

Pranita Jonnalagedda

Journalist and Cine Buff

I don't know why I always wanted to be a journalist. But today the title is fixed next to my name. I love writing about various things, especially movies - the world around which I revolve.

0 comments:

Post a Comment