Hard work always pays off

by 07:50 0 comments
Says Raashi Khanna, the new girl in Tollywood who made her debut in Srinivas Avasarala’s rom-com, ‘Oohalu Gusagusalade’

Delhi girl Raashi Khanna never knew that she would be part of the glamour industry till she took up modeling as a hobby while in college. Keener on advertising as a career option, the girl’s chance entry into films brought her to Tollywood where she will soon make her debut with ‘Oohalu Gusagusalade’.

“I was a geek! Never watched movies and wanted to make my career in advertising. But that didn’t work out and here I am, an actress,” says the 23-year-old girl. Her stint with films started when she was selected for a role in the film ‘Madras Café’, where she shared screen space with John Abraham and Nargis Fakhri. “It was a wonderful experience. The team never let me feel like I was a newcomer,” she says.

When quizzed as to how working in a Telugu film was, Raashi says that she “had doubts” in the beginning. “I didn’t know the language. It wasn’t easy. I used to rehearse every scene a couple of times. And now I can understand Telugu well and am also managing conversing in it a bit,” she explains. 

“‘Oohalu…’ was a difficult film because the role I play – Sri Sai Sirisha Prabhavathi – is totally different from me. She is stubborn, and lacks emotions and is scared to fall in love,” Raashi says about her character in the movie.

On a concluding note is she wary of the competition in the industry? Raashi adds that she isn’t intimidated by the competition she has in the industry. “I am a very secure person. I have no fear because I know hard work always pays off,” she quips. ‘Oohalu Gusagusalade’ has helped her grow as an actor she says as she adds appreciating Srinivas Avasarala for being a “great director”. What about co-star Naga Shourya? “He’s a fabulous and hard working guy. He is focused in his work and it was a great experience working with him.”

Pranita Jonnalagedda

Journalist and Cine Buff

I don't know why I always wanted to be a journalist. But today the title is fixed next to my name. I love writing about various things, especially movies - the world around which I revolve.

0 comments:

Post a Comment