Why my trip to the US will be cherished...

by 15:55 0 comments
It would be no understatement to say that America is a land of bewilderment for most Indians.
It was evident from the fact that people actually “congratulated” me when I told them I would be going there on a holiday! (Duh!! I didn’t receive the Nobel prize or something)
Anyway I was excited anyway… Not because it’s America but because I would get to see new places (isn’t that awesome?), live with my uncle, aunt and cousins – something I have never done before…
Considering I just landed here and it hasn’t been much time, I do not really have much to share about this place. Instead all I have is a flashback of thoughts that make me realize that any new place is worth the effort that it takes to reach here
I cannot predict the future or something but I will definitely cherish this trip for one reason. And here it is. When I was studying my engineering, I always thought I would be jobless in the future and I would have no future. The feeling had got into me mostly due to the fact that I constantly failed… understood neither the head nor the tail of the subjects they taught there. I had resigned myself to believe that that was it! But that was only for a while… I realized that though all my classmates studied well, got all the marks and were going to be “placed” in MNCs, I had the desire to do something different and I was confident I would be able to.
Thanks to my uncle (who I am visiting now! And I should say I love him!) I landed a job immediately after college – a feat which most of my “passing” classmates couldn’t do. I know I am going out of track here… But this will tell you why I cherish the trip.
Okay so I landed the job and that was in 2011… From then… till today I have always been working… doing some or the other course, a part-time job, a full-time job or something else.
And finally now I get sometime for myself… to have fun and enjoy.

I am glad…. Very glad… 

Pranita Jonnalagedda

Journalist and Cine Buff

I don't know why I always wanted to be a journalist. But today the title is fixed next to my name. I love writing about various things, especially movies - the world around which I revolve.

0 comments:

Post a Comment