Puri is an addiction

by 15:26 0 comments

Says Satya who will be seen as the male lead in the director’s ‘Jyothi Lakshmi’ that is gearing up for a release this Friday. In a conversation with Pranita Jonnalagedda, he shares his journey so far, how acting was an inherent choice, support from his family and the experience of working with the director he admires

Satya says he cherished the dream of becoming an actor ever since he was a kid. “When I was in Class II, I was enacting a scene from ‘Kodama Simham’ where Chiranjeevi goes on a rope and I hurt myself in the process. That incident is etched in the form of a scar on my forehead even today,” recalls the Visakhapatnam bred actor, flashing a smile.
  
Satya on the sets of 'Jyothi Lakshmi' with Puri Jagannadh and Charmme
Starting off his career with an impressive performance in ‘Maine Pyaar Kiya’, he is now in the news for being cast as the male lead in Puri Jagannadh’s ‘Jyothi Lakshmi’. “When I was auditioning for the film, I didn’t really know about the role I was going to play because I had enacted a villain and assumed that’s what I will have to do. I was asked to lose some flab and return. After two months, when I was told that I was going to play the lead, the happiness I felt within me was immense,” the actor, who plays Charmme’s romantic interest in the film, reminisces.

 The experience of working with Puri, insists Satya, is nothing short of addiction. “If addictions like alcohol and smoking are one thing, I learnt that it is possible to also be addicted to a person after meeting and interacting with him.”

He adds an as afterthought, “If I talk about him, I will not stop! He never loses his cool; at least I never have seen him yelling at someone on the sets. He has a definite vision of what he wants and that’s the reason we finished the film in flat 36 days.”

With his ability to perform, and a baritone many vie for, it will be safe to assume that Satya’s innings in Tollywood will be long and interesting. Moreover, he is keen to experiment and doesn’t want to limit himself to clichéd lead roles. “My aim is to explore a variety of roles. I don’t just want to be a hero. I want to be able to portray any role with ease. I would rather opt for a story which drives a film than have the story weaved around me,” he shares. “I want to play roles on the lines of Irrfan Khan.”

The 28-year-old actor is glad to have a family that is immensely encouraging. “My parents always gave me a free hand to choose what I wanted to do with my life. And then my wife walked in.  She was of immense support, pushing me hard to achieve my dream. The three of them and my sister are the four pillars of support in my life,” he says thankfully.

Pranita Jonnalagedda

Journalist and Cine Buff

I don't know why I always wanted to be a journalist. But today the title is fixed next to my name. I love writing about various things, especially movies - the world around which I revolve.

0 comments:

Post a Comment